Turn water scarcity into water abundance!
- Real life stories and examples permeate the book, including:
- How curb cuts redirect street runoff to passively irrigate flourishing shade trees planted along the street
- How check dams have helped create springs and perennial flows in once-dry creeks
- How infiltration basins are creating thriving rain-fed gardens
- How backyard greywater laundromats are turning “wastewater” into a resource growing food, beauty, and shade that builds community, and more.
- How to create simple tools to read slope and water flow
- More than 225 illustrations and photographs
“What a wonderful, enthusiastic book. Brad Lancaster lives what he preaches – a water-careful lifestyle that is all about more life.” – Ben Haggard , author, sustainable systems designer and teacher
Published April 21, 2008
Paperback, 336pages, b&w photographs with illustrations.
Size: 8.5in x 11in.