Integrated Forest Gardening is the first, and most comprehensive, guide about plant guilds ever written, and covers in detail both what guilds are and how to design and construct them, complete with extensive color photography and design illustrations. Included is information on:
- What we can observe about natural plant guilds in the wild and the importance of observation;
- Detailed research on the structure of plant guilds, and a portrait of an oak tree (a guild unto itself);
- Animal interactions with plant guilds;
- Steps to guild design, construction, and dynamics: from assessment to design to implementation;
- Fifteen detailed plant guilds, five each from the three authors based on their unique perspectives;
- Guild project management: budgets, implementation, management, and maintenance.
Chelsea Green Publishing
Paperback, colour photos throughout, 320 pages.